AHEAD continues to build on the extraordinary success of the Men’s Authentics with the introduction of the 2008 Spring Collection. The hallmark of AHEAD's Authentic line is its ability to coordinate easily with the golfer’s basic wardrobe of khaki, navy and black. Based on the success of the 2007 collection, AHEAD has expanded its successful performance line of polos and outerwear.
“Golfers are looking for apparel that complements their wardrobe, not replaces it,” said Jeff Waller, national sales manager, AHEAD. “They’re demanding performance benefits from a great quality shirt that comfortably fits the average guy, that is priced right and has fantastic ornamentation. Additionally, they want apparel that is easy to care for. Our current success can be credited to delivering on all these measures.”
The foundation of 2008 AHEAD Men’s Authentics line is PERFORMANCE. All the garments feature technical performance fabrics to keep golfers cool, dry and most importantly comfortable throughout the round. The line features four types of performance tops.
• CoolMax FX - in combination with CoolMax technology, CoolMax FX delivers breathable garments that combine moisture management construction to keep golfers cool and dry with the added benefit of an odor management system to keep clothes smelling fresher longer.
• Hybridwear - a perfect combination of performance and comfort, the popular AHEAD Hybridwear line combines the feel, comfort and care of cotton with hi-tech fabrics. This hybrid blend combines the benefits of moisture wicking performance with the easy care of cotton.
• Quick Dry Performance Poly - the quick dry 100% polyester performance polos feature moisture wicking attributes to keep the garment dry and cool plus an odor protection finish to keep it fresh.
• Mercerized Performance Polos - the 100% cotton, 60’s 2-ply double mercerized polos feature a moisture wicking finish that provides golfers the added benefit of keeping dry and cool while enjoying the classic look and soft feel of mercerized cotton.
The new 2008 AHEAD Men’s Authentics presents more color then ever before. The color palette uses a mixture of trendy colors combined with basic colors to create collections that are very eye catching, smart and fresh.
The primary colors in the 2008 collection are:
Cobalt/navy, onyx/china/white, rope/china/onyx, emerald/pond/onyx, navy/lemon/white, tangerine/comet/navy, rope/coral, and black/white/scarlet.
• Each grouping includes solid and striped shirts along with matching mocks and outerwear pieces.
“As our men's business continues to grow, so will our offerings of hi-tech performance fabrics, colors and styles,” said Bill Godden, director of apparel, AHEAD. “Performance is now a given in golf apparel, but what really sets you apart from the rest is how you utilize fabrics to provide the utmost performance benefits of the garment.
We have worked extremely hard in developing garments that not only keep you cool and dry, but also provide additional benefits, such as lightweight, breathable, odor resistant and easy-care. Our new line encompasses all of these elements.”
AHEAD Outerwear: AHEAD offers a wide selection of men's high performance outerwear designed to keep golfers dry and comfortable while allowing for a large range of mobility.
2008 Outerwear Highlights:
AHD Convertible Vest - a perfect jacket to keep in your bag for that sudden change in weather. This 95% polyester/5% spandex vest converts into a jacket in seconds. The vest features a two-way full zipper with locking zipper pull and on-seam zippered pockets along with a four-way stretch for flexibility. The lightweight breathable seam-sealed hooded jacket shell stores in the bottom of the vest.
AHEAD Extreme Stretch Woven Convertible ½ Zip Windshirt - a lightweight, breathable, moisture wicking windshirt that is highly wind and water resistant. The 95% polyester/5% spandex shirt features lower sleeves, which snap off for easy conversion into a short sleeve windshirt. The windshirt features an interior storm flap, locking zipper pull and articulated elbows for increased freedom of movement.
AHD Short Sleeve Player’s Shell Pullover - a wind and water resistant pullover with mechanical stretch and an open bottom with adjustable pull-tabs. This pullover is made of 93% polyester/7% spandex and features a self stand-up collar and ½ zip front placket.
The entire Men's Authentics line can be customized using traditional embroidery or the revolutionary new ornamentation offerings such as the woven appliqué label, the woven appliqué label with embroidery, or the popular rubber appliqué label for outerwear garments.