The museum of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Regions lies in the northwest road No. 132 of Urumchi, the intersection of autonomous region and only provincial comprehensive the intersection of topography and museum, it is the whole the intersection of boundary and most loud historical relic and sample that collect protection, scientific research and propagate the educational institution. The preparatory department was established in 1953, established in 1958, established formally in 1959, it was the agricultural exhibition center that the former hall designed tentatively, it is shape one-storey house architecture of mountain, adjourn to the present location to change into a museum and opening to the outside world in 1962. museum of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Regions The name of the hall is that Chairperson Zhu De, revolutionary of older generation, came to Xinjiang to inscribe for the museum while inspecting the work in 1959. The museum of Xinjiang is divided into the keeping department, studying archaeology department, displaying the department, one group of Ministries of worker, historical relic s protection technology department, reference room, office, security section, 9 department rooms of logistics department. The worker is made up of link, Chinese, Kazakhstan, cheats, Hui, Xibe, Manchus, Russia, Salar, 10 strong nationalities. Build the hall so far, under the cordial care of the Party and government, every undertaking is being developed constantly, have explored and collected a large number of precious historical relics, has already collected 40,000 all kinds of historical relics and samples such as history, nationality, revolution now, among them nearly 400 national first class historical relics, account for 60% of the total number of the whole boundary.
The new hall of museum of Xinjiang is with autonomous region Party Committee, the people s government s and relevant ministries and commissions of central authorities care and support, as the key construction project in the autonomous region, grand and open to September 20, 2005. Wang Lequan, member of the Political Bureau of Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and secretary of autonomous region, SiMa Yi, president of autonomous region? Ferreous Val waits for leaders to come to the museum personally, in order that the new hall is open cuts the ribbon. The new hall is with a construction area of 17288 square meters, ground the next storey, two storeys on the ground, the subject is 18.5 meters high, the glass dome carries 29.5 meters of elevation, level of building basically presents one The symmetrical overall arrangement of level of style of calligraphy, have strong style of the Western Regions and local characteristic of Xinjiang. The exhibition opening to the outside world is as follows, now <>, whether Xinjiang national conditions and customs display two basic display with <>, <> is two medium-sized exhibitions.
Has built the hall for over 40 years, especially since reform and opening-up, the museum of Xinjiang has fully used a large number of unearthed precious historical relics in all parts of Xinjiang, give priority to social benefit all the time, educate as own duty by education of historical materialism, education in patriotism and national unity, on the basis of outstanding local characteristic and national characters of Xinjiang, in the district, outside the district, China, abroad, more than 80 exhibitions are displayed in special topic and provisional size of holding various forms and subject matter together, receive up to ten million visitors outside China. Carrying forward the outstanding history and culture in the motherland, scientific popularization, respect of carrying on education in patriotism and national unity and educating, safeguarding the reunification of the motherland, promoting cultural and ideological progress, expanding foreign cultural exchanges etc. has played an important role, have propagated Xinjiang effectively.