It is Between Haikou city and Fucheng, Qingshan. It is considered
as the "first building of Haikou".
It is a very important scenic spot in Haikou, which is less than 5
kilometers away from the downtown area. In fact, it is a group of
ancient buildings built in honor of the 5 noted ministers (Li Yude
of Tang Dynasty, Li Gang, Li Guang, Zhao Ding and Hu Jing of Song
Dynasty) in the history of Haikou.
The temple is made up of Guanjia Hall, Xuepu Hall, East Hall and
West Hall, linking with Shugong Temple and Pubo Temple as a whole,
covering a total area of 2800 square meters. The buildings were
first built at Wanli Period of the Ming Dynasty; later, they were
rebuilt in the 15th year of the Guangxu Emperor in Qing Dynasty
(1889 AD). Its main body is a red pavilion of two floors, with
white tile and red pillars, which is known as the "first building
Shugong Temple, built in honor of Shushi (the great poet and
politician of Song Dynasty), is at the east. This is a gardened
court with lots of historic remains. The fountains, pavilions and
balconies, all bear certain stories of Shushi.Bus No. 1, 38, Tour bus No. 2, 12, and 21 can take you there.
To the left of the Shugong Temple, lies the Qiong Garden. This
covers an area of 10 acres. There are historical remains about
Shushi too, such as Fuli Hall, Liquan Pavilion, Xixin Room, and so
on. Water of the Fuli Fountain is crystal clear, and it contains
very little impurity. Tea made with the water is mellow and has
great aftertaste. Therefore, this fountain is given the name as
"the first fountain in Hainan".
How to Get to there?