No.130 of Jian She Xin Cun ( originally No.3 of Jianling Xin Cun)
in Chongqing, was once used by the National Government as the house
for distinguished guests. After General Joseph W. Stilwell's
arrival in Chongqing on March 4, 1942, the place was made his
headquarters and residence. Every time when he came to Chongqing
during his two-year-and-eight-month service in China Theatre, the
general lived here and conducted military conferences, held press
meeting and met Chinese and foreign visitors.
The house was reconstructed and used be the government after 1949.
It was turned into Gen. Stiwell museum in 1991 by the Chongqing
People's Municipal government.
On display in the museum is an extensive display of mostly
US-supplied photos, documents, articles and video.